Rohitash Gaud Wiki / Biography
Rohitash Gaud also known as Rohitashv Gour is an Indian film and Television Actor. He is specifically active with comedy roles.
Rohitash Gaud date of birth is 24th March 1966, his birthplace is not known.
He belongs to Kalka near Shimla, India.
Rohitash Gaud age is 52 years.
He has studied at National School of Drama, New Delhi. Currently, he is famous as Manmohan Tiwari from the serial Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai.
Rohitash Gaud Wife / Family
Rohitash Gaud father name is Sudarshan Gour who was a veteran theatre personality and co-founder of All India Shimla Artists Association, 1952 alongside Bollywood stalwarts Balraj Sahni and Prem Chopra.
Sudarshan Gour died in October 2016 at an age of 94 years.
Rohitash mother name is not known.
There is no information available about his brother or sister.
Rohitash wife name is Dr. Rekha Gour who is a Scientific Assistant at Tata Memorial Centre, Mumbai.
They together have two daughters. His elder daughter name is Giti and younger one’s name is Sanjiti.
- Height:- 5’6’’ inches
- Weight:- 70 kg
- Body Measurements:- 38-34-13
- Eye Color:- Black
- Hair Color:- Black
- Shoe Size:- 9 (US)
‘Rohitash Gaud’ was already a student of the National School of Drama and acted in theatre being a part of All India Shimla Artist Association.
He started his career into acting in 90’s.
His debut Television Serial was Neem Ka Ped in 1991-1992 telecasted on DD National.
Then in 1997-2000, he played the role of Tulsidas in the serial Jai Hanuman.
He has also been a part of a number of Bollywood movies but most of his roles are small (minor).
His debut movie was a biographical film Veer Savarkar in 2001 where he played the character of Ganesh Damodar Savarkar.
Even though his Bollywood movie roles were minor still he portrayed each and every role with complete dedication and proved himself as an Actor.
Some of his serials and movies are given below.
- Veer Savarkar in 2001 as Ganesh Damodar Savarkar .
- Pratha in 2002 as S P Ashish.
- Pinjar in 2003 as Rashid’s brother (negative role).
- Munnabhai MBBS in 2003 as Coconut seller in Park.
- Lage Raho Munna Bhai in 2006 as Cuckoo.
- Dil Se Pooch Kidhar Janaa Hai in 2006 as Guest role.
- A Wednesday in 2008 as Ikhlaque Ahmed (negative role).
- 3 Idiots in 2009 as Ranchoddas’s Servant.
- Athithi Tum Kab Jaoge in 2010 as Niranjan Tripathi (Bank Manager).
- PK in 2014 as Police Inspector named Pandey Ji.
- Neem Ka Ped in 1991-1992.
- Jai Hanuman in 1997-2000 as Tulsidas.
- Agnichakra in 1999.
- Noddy Aur Daddy in 2004 as Mr.Dubey.
- Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai in 2006 as Mr. Cindolin.
- Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam in 2009-2010 as Kulbhushan Mathur.
- Jasuben Jayantilal Joshi Ki Joint Family in 2008-2009 as Chandrakant Joshi (Chandu).
- Lapataganj in 2009-2014 as Mukundilal Gupta.
- Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws in 2013 as Roshanlal Grover.
- Currently telecasting Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai in 2015-present as Manmohan Tiwari.
He rose to fame from his character of Mukundilal Gupta from Lapataganj which made him earn a lot of popularity.
His current show Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai is also setting remarkable records. His character of Manmohan Tiwari an undergarment businessman is also very famous.
His co-stars from the serial include Saumya Tandon as Anita Mishra, Aasif Sheikh as Vibhuti Narayan Mishra and Shubhangi Atre as Angoori Bhabhi.
He has also been awarded by following awards.
- ITA Award for Best Actor in Comic role (2010) for Lapataganj.
- ITA Award for Best Actor in Comic role (2015, 2017 and 2018) for Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai.
- Zee Gold Award.
- Sab Ke Anokhe Award.
- Actress Rashmi Desai walked out of the serial Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hai because she was not comfortable pairing with Rohitash Gaud.
Rohitash Gaud Does “Ganesh Arti” With Family At His Home
- His favorite food is Indian food which includes Biryani and Fish Curry.
- Favorite Actor is Amitabh Bachchan.
- Favorite Actress is Sridevi.
- Favorite Destinations are Goa, Maldives and Manali.
- His hobbies include Reading and Theatre plays.
- “Rohitash Gaud” believes in the idea of simple living and high thinking.
- Ramji Shandilya an Actor from his serial Lapataganj committed suicide in February 2015.
- Does he Smoke? :- No
- Does he Drink? :- Not Known