Niharika Singh Wiki / Biography
Niharika Singh is an Indian model and actress. She is a former Miss India.
She was born on 31st August 1982 in India.
Niharika Singh age is 36 years.
Her hometown is Dehradun, India. She spent her childhood in various hill stations and small towns in the north of India. Since her father worked for a tourism development board.
She did theatre workshops with Sahitya Kala Parishad before she went to study in boarding schools All Saint’s College, Nainital.
Later she moved to New Delhi to pursue a degree in B. Com at Shri Ram College of Commerce. Realizing this was not her interest she dropped out of college and moved to Mumbai.
Niharika Singh Husband / Boyfriend / Family
Her father name is not known, he worked for Uttar Pradesh tourism and after the state was divided Uttarakhand tourism development board government of India. Her mother name is not known.
There is no information available about her brother and sister.
Niharika Singh marriage is not yet done.
She was dating an actor previously.
Her boyfriend name is Nawazuddin Siddiqui. He is her ex-boyfriend and she ended her relationship with him because of various reasons. She had put allegations on him for sexually assaulting her and lying to her about his personal life.
- Height:- 5’7″ inches
- Weight:- 56 kg
- Body Measurements:- 34-28-34
- Eye color:- Dark Brown
- Hair color:- Black
‘Niharika Singh’ started her career with modeling at an age of 17 years.
She first walked the ramp for a design institute in Dehradun while modeling in Delhi.
Niharika appeared in several print campaigns and music videos. She participated in Femina Miss India in 2005 and was crowned with the title of Miss India Earth along with subtitles for Miss Photogenic and Miss Beautiful Hair.
After this, she represented India at Miss Earth 2005 held in the Philippines. She also hosted a reality series Banungi Main Miss India.
Her film career was started when she signed 10 film contract with director Raj Kunwar in 2006. Unfortunately, these films were never made
Her official debut was with the movie Miss Lovely in 2012 with the character of Pinky/ Sonia. Niharika Singh Miss Lovely character was appreciated and awarded by all.
Very few know that she actually started with the movie A New Love Ishtory with Himesh Reshammiya in 2007. But this movie found its release in 2013 after various roadblocks.
There were other films like Mudh Mudh Ke Na Dekh Mudh Mudh Ke (Hindi) and Private Number (Kannada) where she acted but these were never released.
She was later seen in a number of films which were starred at the international film festival.
Niharika Singh Movies
- Miss Lovely in 2012 as Pinky/Sonia.
- A New Love Ishtory in 2013 as Kamya Dhanraj.
- Anwar Ka Ajab Kissa in 2013 as Ayesha.
- Sniffer in 2013.
- Sohra Bridge in 2016 as Ria.
- The Field Guide to Evil in 2018 as Sadhavi.
This remarkable work proved her as an Actress and she was awarded following awards and nominations
- IBN live movie awards 2015 for a best female debut.
- 21st annual life ok screen award for best promising newcomer female.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Niharika Singh made a buzz in 2018 when Niharika wrote a long detailed piece addressing her MeToo movement. She addressed this movement as a Dalit woman working in the entertainment industry. See Video.
- Her favorite food is Japanese cuisine.
- Favorite Actor is Dilip Kumar.
- Favorite Actresses include Swara Bhaskar, Tillotama shome and Lisa Ray.
- Salman Rushdie and Amitav Ghosh are her favorite Authors.
- Favorite fashion brands are Mango, Zara, Bebe, River Island and Forever 21.
- Favorite fashion designers are Ritu Kumar, Anita Dongre and Mandira Wirk.
- Her favorite restaurant is Kofuku in Mumbai.
- Her first stage performance was at the tender age of 4 as Bharat Mata.
- She was also a goodwill ambassador for the rotary blood bank.
- Her favorite color is white.
- Her hobbies are traveling, reading and cooking.
- In 2017 a book name an ordinary life (nawazuddin Biography) was published. On niharika and nawazuddin relationship this was withdrawn within a fortnight of its release after Nawazuddin issued an apology.
- “Niharika Singh” film Miss Lovely competed in the Un certain regard section of 2012 Cannes Film Festival.
- She had joined a film appreciation course at film and television institute of India in 2013.
- Does she smoke? :- Not Known
- Does she drink? :- Not Known